Tuesday, March 19, 2013

San Juan Trail 50K

 


My first Big Baz race and it did not disappoint.  I had heard about this race before but did not know what to expect.  There was minimal information about the race online which made it intriguing.  The last time I raced in that area was the Los Pinos 50K.  I know that area can be tough and technical.  The weather was perfect.  There were 51 participants at the start.  A cozy group of core ultra runners.  The race started off on some great single track and  then progressed into some technical rocky downhill.  I saw a couple people fall and later heard of many more falling.  We did a lollypop and were back at the start at mile 18ish.  Then it was off uphill on a fire road for a couple miles.  Back down to the creek and then up Horsethief, 1.7 miles of steep uphill.  A few miles of rolling fire road, then down the fire road back to the Blue Jay Campground finish line. A very cool race shirt and an ice cold beer were waiting.  Loved that!  I would definitely recommend this race and will do this one again.  


I finished 22/51.  6:34:04

No comments:

Post a Comment